Hello all you wonderful followers,
Can you believe it is almost September? I cannot, however August was a terrific month for our team.
What did we accomplish in August?
- We submitted our 501C3 nonprofit status! This means that we are months away from being our own NONPROFIT! This is a huge deal for us because we have been working hard for the past 4-5 months to complete this lengthy application. We have so many people to thank for their help. I am sorry I cannot give a shoutout to everyone, but I hope you know who you are.
- Presbyterian Campus Ministry- We are thankful for you taking us under your fiscal sponsorship so that we are able to accept donations until we have received our acceptance letter from the IRS on our 501C3 application.
- Smith Anderson Law Firm- We are thankful for all the wonderful work you have done in helping us review documents, fix & change our Incorporation status, & help us compile many documents we needed to become an official Board of Directors.
- The many people that have looked over our application- We had many eyes on this document giving us feedback, comments, and making sure we were all set to be approved!
- The Board of Directors- This is only possible because the amazing 12 members that have been actively working on this to accomplish & submit it by the end of August.
- OWEE Foundation & the many other Community Cafes that have shared documents and answered questions at all hours of the night- Thank you to you all!
- We had three interns with us for the summer from NC State. Ryan, Seth, and Emily were wonderful additions to our team and we will miss them this semester!
- We worked with several people in the area to develop the logo, brochures, poster, & postcards. Thanks to Shanna, Lidia, Wolfprint Express at NCSU, and Laser Printing.
- We attended Packapalooza, an event at NC State with thousands of students, parents, and neighbors!
September is an exciting month for us and I cannot wait to get started on it.
What is happening in September?
- We have three wonderful new Interns from NCSU- Ms. Sopher’s class at NCSU has provided us interns both for summer and for fall. We cannot wait to get started with Meredith, Megan, and Yannay this coming week!
- We have two Awareness events coming. One will be for Faith Leader’s in the Community (Contact me if interested) & a smaller one for close friends. Stay tuned for a larger one coming in October.
- We are launching a Crowdsourcing Campaign on September 22nd. We need all the help we can get to spread the word. We will be posting blog posts daily to share our story, introduce you to people on our team, and show you how important it is to us to provide community and healthy food for ALL regardless of means. Stay tuned & share our posts, blogs, and links!
As I said, we could not be doing this without you all. We appreciate all the love, support, and encouraging words throughout the beginning of the creation of A Place at the Table. As we continue to move forward each day we will keep you updated on our social media platforms. Links are provided above.
See you at the table soon,
Our amazing summer interns!