Make this yummy recipe for your Valentine or treat yourself this Valentine’s Day! These Almond Date Bars are a healthy and delicious snack that only takes 10 minutes to prepare!
Almond Date Bars
Author: Itsy Bitsy Foodies
Recipe type: Snack
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
You can make these simple energy bars with only two ingredients (nuts and dates) but feel free to doctor them with chocolate chips, shredded coconut and other goodies as you like.
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 4-5 cups loosely-packed dates, pitted
- 1 cup Craisins (or additional dates)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup shredded coconut, optional
- If your dates still have pits, cut the dates in half lengthwise and remove the seed.
- Pulse the almonds and dates in a food processor until your desired consistency is reached, adjusting the amount of dates and almonds as needed.
- You should be able to pick up a bit of the mixture and press it between your fingers without it being sticky and without it crumbling apart.
- If desired, pulse in chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and/or any other ingredients.
- Line a 10×14-inch pan with parchment paper and press the almond-date mixture into the pan to reach your desired thickness. (I like them to be ½ – 1 inch thick.)
- Cut into 32 squares, or bigger bars, or use a heart cookie cutter (or other shape) to cut out shapes (and save the cut-out scraps for snacks for yourself!)